Children and Families
Click on the photo for some resources and ideas
Wednesday 10 - 11.30am
Monday 9.30 - 11am
Plus book readings from the authors:
Dia Hankey reading Eric Says Sorry.
Trillia Newbell reading The Garden, The Curtain and The Cross.
Lauren Chandler reading Goodbye To Goodbyes.
Dai Hankey reading Eric Says Please.
Dan DeWitt reading The Friend Who Forgives
Growing in faith together
Five simple ideas for families to weave prayer and bible readings throughout these days of home schooling.
1. Keep a regular routine of prayer. Good times to pray together are those times you do something regularly, eating together, going to bed or washing your hands! Or Light a candle and Pray the same family prayer at the same time every day.
2. Read a bible story at bed-time or watch one online with them during the day.
3. With the ongoing situation, it can be difficult adjusting to not seeing family and friends in person, however, you can still pray for them together daily. Write them a letter or send them a picture saying that you are thinking and praying for them?
4. Choose one of the follow family Fun prayer ideas - Bright prayer ideas for families at home!
5. Listen to a podcast together. For example, you can click here to listen to our Family Prayer Adventure podcasts.
A fun and engaging YouTube Channel made by Youth For Christ. They frequently link a theme with an activity and then have some discussion about what the Bible says on it all at the end of the video.
Website, YouTube Channel & Podacsts available on Spotify
There are loads of different videos and notes on their website on many different topics and books of the bible. Why not watch a video and then read some of the bible discussed in the video? Ask yourself and make a note of: 1) What surprises me in this passage? 2) What questions do I have after reading this? 3) What does this teach me about myself? 4) What does this show me about God?