During this season when we are unable to meet together, this page will look to be a source of information and resources for young people and their families.
Rachel has put together a brilliant pack of activities, readings & prayers, with something to do every day starting on Palm Sunday through to Easter Day. A great resource which can be used by people of all ages. Download a copy to use yourself, and send one to a friend.
Can you make a cross from item around your home?
Have a go and take a photo. You could take the photo in the garden, on your driveway, in your home; try and show us where you are. Email a picture of your cross to richard@stphilipsandstjames.
Click on the photo for some resources and ideas
Plus book readings from the authors:
Dia Hankey reading Eric Says Sorry.
Trillia Newbell reading The Garden, The Curtain and The Cross.
Lauren Chandler reading Goodbye To Goodbyes.
Dai Hankey reading Eric Says Please.
Dan DeWitt reading The Friend Who Forgives
Bentley Heath School are sending out a short Celebration Assembly each Friday to celebrate some of the things which the children have been doing over the past week.
Growing in faith together
Five simple ideas for families to weave prayer and bible readings throughout these days of home schooling.
1. Keep a regular routine of prayer. Good times to pray together are those times you do something regularly, eating together, going to bed or washing your hands! Or Light a candle and Pray the same family prayer at the same time every day.
2. Read a bible story at bed-time or watch one online with them during the day.
3. With the ongoing situation, it can be difficult adjusting to not seeing family and friends in person, however, you can still pray for them together daily. Write them a letter or send them a picture saying that you are thinking and praying for them?
4. Choose one of the follow family Fun prayer ideas - Bright prayer ideas for families at home!
5. Listen to a podcast together. For example, you can click here to listen to our Family Prayer Adventure podcasts.
A fun and engaging YouTube Channel made by Youth For Christ. They frequently link a theme with an activity and then have some discussion about what the Bible says on it all at the end of the video.
Website, YouTube Channel & Podacsts available on Spotify
Need to release some energy?
Joe Wicks has a YouTube channel with numerous workouts
including sessions for children.
Between 23rd and 27th March at 9am there will be live PE Sessions for children