Building for the Future
We have received questions from members of both the congregation and the community, and at a meeting on 23rd July the PCC agreed to ensure regular updates on the progress of the project are provided.
At that meeting we were joined by the Diocesan Property Director and a representative from RPS, an organisation engaged by us to assist with the project. The role of RPS is to formalise administration of the construction contract, agree costs and manage payments to the contractor once we are underway, all on our behalf. Both were able to answer many questions regarding the project that we had.
The present situation
· The document that will form the basis of the contract with Kier (our builder) is all but ready to go to our solicitors.
· The final gathering of financial information will be completed shortly, to the PCC’s satisfaction.
· Solihull Council attached a number of Conditions to the Planning Approval they gave and most of these have now been met.
· Prior to construction certain documents must be submitted to Solihull Council. We must then wait for the required authorisation from the Council to proceed.
· Once we are in a position to proceed, Kier will need about 6 weeks to organise labour and materials before work can start on site.
· People have also asked about the Parish Office – the plan is for this to be relocated to an accessible “Portakabin” on site during the construction.
Please continue to pray for all who are working so hard to put together the huge amount of detail required by projects of this nature.
We thank God for His faithfulness and praise Him for His endless provision.
Donations towards the project are vital so please give generously.
To donate on line click on the logo below.
Details of other ways to give towards the project
& a gift aid declaration are available
Our thanks to Allchurches Trust for their donation
New St Philip's
Church Centre Plans
Plans and artists impressions can be viewed here